In the main event the defending featherweight champion Alexander Volkanovski stopped The Korean Zombie and showed he was a level above his opposition once again Saturday.
The scheduled for five rounds championship bout didn’t go the full distance. The champion retained his belt by way of stoppage at 0:45 of Round Four.
Volkanovski is now on an 21-fight winning streak and has yet to be beat inside the UFC Octagon.
The bout took place at Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida.
Sterling vs YAN:
After winning the belt by disqualification roughly 13 months ago, Aljamain Sterling put some criticism about his legitimacy as bantamweight champion to rest on Saturday, he unified the bantamweight title with a tactical win over Petr Yan.
Sterling (21-3) relied on his grappling early and held off a late rally by Yan (16-3) in the championship rounds, Funk Master’s grappling carried him to the first three rounds on two of the three judges’ scorecards and led him to defend his Bantamweight title via split decision (48-47, 47-48, 48-47).
UFC 273 Results:
- Alexander Volkanovski def. Chan Sung Jung by TKO (punches) at 0:45 of Round Four
- Aljamain Sterling def. Petr Yan by split decision (48-47, 47-48, 48-47)
- Khamzat Chimaev def. Gilbert Burns by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Mackenzie Dern def. Tecia Torres by split decision (28-29 29-28 x2)
- Mark Madsen def. Vinc Pichel — Madsen def. Pichel by unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-28)
- Ian Garry def. Darian Weeks by unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27 x2)
- Anthony Hernandez def. Josh Fremd by unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-28)
- Raquel Pennington def. Aspen Ladd by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Mike Malott def. Mickey Gall by TKO (punches) at 3:41 of Round One
- Aleksei Oleinik def. Jared Vanderaa by submission (scarf hold neck crank) at 3:39 of Round One
- Piera Rodriguez def. Kay Hansen by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Julio Arce def. Daniel Santos by unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-28)