Charles Oliveira defends title with submission win over Dustin Poirier
Charles Oliveira silenced a lot of doubters with his win in the UFC 269 main event at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas when he successfully defended his UFC lightweight title via submission (rear naked choke) at 1:02 of Round Three over battled-tested contender Dustin Poirier.
it was “Do Bronx” who survived a tough opening round and then stormed back with a punishing performance, in round three, Oliveira was able to take the back of ‘The Diamond’ , jumped on the back and promptly locked in a rear-naked choke to finish the contest and pushed his impressive win streak to 10.
In the co-main event, The former Ultimate Fighter winner and The No. 3-ranked Julianna Peña (12-4) pulled off one of the most improbable upsets in the history of the sport after she outlasted and dethrone Amanda Nunes by submission (rear naked choke) at 3:23 of Round Two to claim the UFC bantamweight title.
- Charles Oliveira def. Dustin Poirier by submission (rear naked choke) at 1:02 of Round Three
- Julianna Pena def. Amanda Nunes by submission (rear naked choke) at 3:23 of Round Two
- Geoff Neal def. Santiago Ponzinibbio by split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Kai Kara-France def. Cody Garbrandt by TKO (punches) at 3:21 of Round One
- Sean O’Malley def. Raulian Paiva by TKO (punches) at 4:42 of Round One
- Josh Emmett def. Dan Ige by unanimous decision (29-28 x2, 30-27)
- Dominick Cruz def. Pedro Munhoz by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Tai Tuivasa def. Augusto Sakai by KO (punches) at 0:26 of Round Two
- Bruno Silva def. Jordan Wright by TKO (punches) at 1:28 of Round One
- Andre Muniz def. Eryk Anders by submission (armbar) at 3:13 of Round One
- Erin Blanchfield def. Miranda Maverick by unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
- Ryan Hall def. Darrick Minner by unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-27)
- Tony Kelley def. Randy Costa by TKO (elbows) at 4:15 of Round Two