Glover Teixeira is the new UFC light heavyweight champion.
It took seven years for Glover Teixeira to secure another crack at UFC gold, The 42 years old claimed the UFC’s light heavyweight belt on Saturday in the main event of UFC 267 at Abu Dhabi, submitting Jan Błachowicz (rear-naked choke) at 3:02 of the second round.
In the co-main event, Petr Yan (16-2) punched his ticket back to a title shot, outlasted The No. 3-ranked Cory Sandhagen (14-4) via unanimous decision to claim the interim bantamweight title.
- Glover Teixeira def. Jan Blachowicz (c) via second-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Petr Yan (ic) def. Cory Sandhagen via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46)
- Islam Makhachev def. Dan Hooker via first-round submission (kimura) Highlights
- Alexander Volkov def. Marcin Tybura via decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Khamzat Chimaev def. Li Jingliang via first-round submission (rear-naked choke)
- Magomed Ankalaev def. Volkan Oezdemir via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Amanda Ribas def. Virna Jandiroba by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Zubaira Tukhugov def. Ricardo Ramos by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Albert Duraev def. Roman Kopylov by unanimous decision (30-27, 29-27 x3)
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos def. Benoit Saint-Denis by unanimous decision (29-26 x3)
- Michal Oleksiejczuk def. Shamil Gamzatov by TKO (punches) at 3:31 of Round One
- Lerone Murphy def. Makwan Amirkhani by KO (knee) at 0:14 of Round Two
- Andre Petroski def. Hu Yaozong by submission (arm triangle choke) at 4:46 of Round Three
- Tagir Ulanbekov def.— Ulanbekov def. Allan Nascimento by split decision (28-29, 29-28 x2)