Watch Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira full fight video highlights from the main card of UFC 281 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.
In the main event, UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya will try to defend his 185-pound title against dangerous knockout artist, Alex Pereira who defeated Adesanya twice in the kickboxing circuit and remains the only person in combat sports to knock him out.
Adesanya (23-1) looks to remain unbeaten in the division and avenge his kickboxing losses to Brazilian Alex Pereira. He is 12-1 under the UFC banner since joining the promotion in 2018, having defeated Anderson Silva, Robert Whittaker (twice), Yoel Romero, Paulo Costa, Marvin Vettori (twice) and Jared Cannonier.
Pereira (6-1) most recently secured the biggest win of his young professional MMA career, as he blitzed top-five contender Sean Strickland via knockout at UFC 276 and rewarded him the UFC title shot in just his fourth fight with the promotion.
- Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira
- Zhang Weili def. Carla Esparza via sub (RNC) (R2, 1:05)
- Dustin Poirier def. Michael Chandler via sub (RNC) (R3, 2:00)
- Chris Gutierrez def. Frankie Edgar via 1st-round KO (2:01)
- Dan Hooker def. Claudio Puelles via second-round TKO
- Renato Moicano def. Brad Riddell via sub (RNC) (R1, 3:20)
- Ryan Spann def. Dominick Reyes via first-round KO (1:20)
- Erin Blanchfield def. Molly McCann via sub (kimura) (R1, 3:37)
- Andre Petroski def. Wellington Turman via UD (30-27 x2, 29-28)
- Matt Frevola def. Ottman Azaitar via first-round KO (2:30)
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz def. Silvana Gomez Juarez via UD (29-28 x3)
- Michael Trizano def. Seung Woo Choi via first-round KO (4:51)
- Montel Jackson def. Julio Arce via unanimous decision (30-27 x2 29-28)
- Carlos Ulberg def. Nicolae Negumereanu via first-round KO (3:44)
ANNNNNDDDD NEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW!!!! ALEX PEREIRA FINISHED ISRAEL ADESANYA TO BECOME THE NEW MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION IN JUST FOUR UFC FIGHTS. 🤯— The Best Pinned tweet! (@MrHemJ) November 13, 2022
Is this Jones VS Cormier V2?
Insane! #UFC281 pic.twitter.com/iXei3FFtMh